For those who occasionally dispose of hard drives and solid-state media but are not ready to invest in degaussing and destruction equipment, our total data erasure and media destruction services offer easy and affordable alternatives.
Depending on your location, we offer two convenient degaussing and destruction service options to help you meet government, industry, and corporate data-security standards (listed below):
- On-Site Data-Elimination Service – Our mobile data destruction team or an authorized local partner brings degaussing and destruction to you. The team can degauss (magnetically erase) all hard drives and tape media. They can also physically destroy hard drives and solid-state media, including flash, compact flash, and USB thumb drives, as well as the controller boards of hybrid-drive systems. As they process each piece of media, our service technicians use our SCAN-1 scanner and software package to create an audit-worthy Media Destruction Report for your records.
- Shipment-Based Services – If you’re located outside our mobile service region, you can take advantage of our shipping program to send in tapes, hard drives, and solid-state memory devices destined for disposal. We’ll provide full data erasure and media destruction, along with an audit-worthy Media Destruction Report for your records. Once processing is complete, we can dispose of the destroyed media or return it to you for proof of destruction.
State-of-the-art equipment. Best-in-class service.
Since 1959, we’ve been delivering prompt, personalized service and innovative products that serve our customers’ needs. Today, we manufacture a complete line of tape and hard drive degaussers and physical drive destroyers that ensure data security for a growing list of Fortune 500 companies. Whether we’re bring the equipment to you or you’re shipping the media to us, we’ll match your media and security needs by selecting equipment that delivers the speed, power, and media range you need.
Guaranteed Erasure and Media Destruction
- Thorough – Eliminates all data from your media, keeping you safe from potential security breaches and legal complications. We furnish an electronically generated NIST-compliant destruction report for each job.
- Easy – Requires nothing more than a phone call (for on-site service) or shipping. We take care of the media erasure and destruction for you and provide you with destroyed media and a complete report.
- Versatile – Offers the only solution for destroying solid-state media and erasing data from laptop, desktop and network hard drives, including drives that are damaged and/or not functioning.
- Cost Effective – Provides the most secure data elimination for a fraction of the cost of other methods.
- Compliant – Eliminates chain-of-custody issues while helping you satisfy the most stringent government and industry standards, including:
- California Senate Bill 1386
- GLBA (Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act)
- HIPAA (Health Information Portability and Accountability Act)
- NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) Guidelines for Media Sanitization
- NIST SP 800-36
- NIST SP 800-88r1
- NSA/CSS/DoD Up to Top Secret
- PCI DSS 3.2 (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard)
- PIPEDA (Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act)
Contact us for a quote
For a specific pricing quote, including pricing for solid-state media, contact us with the quantities of each type of media you need erased and/or destroyed.
On-Site Services: $30.00 minimum service fee for mobile service in the Sacramento metropolitan area. Where available, mobile service outside the Sacramento metropolitan area may incur an additional fee.
Shipping Services: Does not include costs of shipping to our facilities or the shipping cost to return destroyed media, if desired.